" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

December 01, 2008

Life Drawing 101


-part of a "Small Works art show on Salt Spring" by Charles Breth.

I started my new job today. I think I'm going to like it. Although, I have to admit, being confined in a single space and having to stay there for 4.5 hours is actually something I need to re-acquaint myself with. It was quite busy however. Lots of different people coming in because let's face it, if you want work and you're not working here then it's the place to go.

The best thing I heard today was: Here's a job. It pays $18 per hour and all I have to do is take off my clothes? I can do that! I've been doing that since I was born."

Maybe you had to be there but it was very funny the way he said it and it cracked me up!

It reminded me of my friend Keiko who goes to a life drawing class. She talked about how as an artist you're so focused on the shapes that you really aren't even concerned with the person's overall body and in fact it's much better to have someone who is overweight with lots of curves because they make a better subject and are more interesting to draw.

So, if this gig doesn't work out I could be a model for a life drawing class but then I'd have to shave my legs...

That's all for today folks!

No comments: