" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

April 02, 2008

Wanderings with Rumi


-in Stanley Park, April 2008

Our Closeness

"Friend, our closeness is this.
Anywhere you put your foot
feel me in the firmness under you.

How is it with this love,
I see your world and not you?"
- Rumi

Every day I read a poem from this fantastic book I have called A Year with Rumi which offers one of his poems for every day of the year.

I have to spend time mulling over the words, trying to figure out what they might mean but the pleasure lies in paying attention to how the words become relevant to something that is going on in my life.

And, strangely enough, inevitably, almost every poem, every daily reading, awakens in me a thought, a feeling, a question that helps, or gets me to consider and reconsider how I've been feeling about something that has been on my mind.

No comments: