" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

March 04, 2008

I'm in Love with my Runners


On Saturday, after a mere two months of Running Room training our 'Learn to Run' Group ran 3 kilometres without stopping. You know what the key is? Excellent runners.

When I put my foot into my runners it's like I've just stepped into waffles with whip cream on top. No, better than that even. The thing is, when I run, my feet are the furthest thing from my mind because the runners are so good. My breathing on the other hand. That's another story. I can't believe that when I was in high school and doing all that running related to basketball we would always have to buy Converse hi-tops. Those things are really uncomfortable, not to mention really ugly.

Anyway, there is something to be said about the training at The Running Room. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is a couch potato because it's true, it works to run with other people. Monday. Wednesday. Saturday morning. We even run with a 20 month old baby in our group. Her mom pushes her in one of those hi-end running strollers. And we all look forward to seeing Hana.

On March 15th, I'm entering a 5K Fun Run. A race in honour of St. Patty's Day complete with beer and Irish Stew afterwards at the cricket clubhouse in Stanley Park.

Scary. Fun. Hard to imagine. Me. Running. Anywhere!

No comments: