" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

June 14, 2009

What's Your Bucket List?



Is the sky really the limit? Or, is there more?

I don't know about you but every once in a while I'll get this little flash that I can only describe as a wake-up call to remind me that this isn't going to last forever with "this" being my life. And, right after, this feeling rises, a bitter sweet insight: wistful.

I watched my mom take her last breath, like a quick shallow inhalation that lead to nothing and instantly knew when she was gone at the moment it happened.

Someone has said that the best way to live is to write your own obituary. Figure out what you'd want it to say and then spend the rest of your life making it so.

I haven't seen that 2007 film The Bucket List but I think it's a pretty good idea, even though I'm not a big LIST person.

Strangely enough I feel like I've reached a point where it's time to start a new list because I feel like I need some new goals. Everything just seems pretty good right now so not only do I not have much to say, report, nor any pithy insights, I don't even know what I want to do next.

Most of my list would probably have something to do with seeing some other places in the world but even that right now isn't a big priority for me.

Is that what it means to be content? Is being happy just to be where you are, doing what you're doing the definition of contentment? Maybe?

If anyone has any thoughts on what would be on the top of their "bucket list" feel free to share them. Inspire us.

No comments: