" SpiritofSaltSpring:BC:Canada:GulfIslands:SaltSpring:Salt Spring:

July 01, 2010

Black and White Simplicity

Today I went to the classic car show that was on as part of the Canada Day Festivities here on island. 

I wasn't really in the mood to take photos. I invited my friend Tom to come along and to get him out of the house for a bit. We wandered absentmindedly gazing at cadillacs, a pseudo Bat Mobile, Chevys, Mustangs, Austin Mini's, Pontiacs and a beautiful Aston Martin convertible sports car in British Racing Green with spoked wheels.

Then, we sat down by the dock and we talked and people watched. It's clear that when you're a parent, it doesn't matter how old your kids are, when they are in pain, you are in pain.  But, already there is healing. Thankfully.

I like the simplicity of this photo (above) and the way the shadows form three small light lines at the top suggesting motion.

No comments: